- 1966-1970.High School, Livno, B I H
- 1970-1975.Faculty of Medicine, University of Sarajevo
- 1975-1976.Medical internship , MC Livno, General Hospital Split
- 1976-1977.State Examination: Croatian Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare, Split.
- 1977-1981.Residency in Internal medicine
- University Medical Center, Internal Clinic, Sarajevo, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Program Director: Prof. Djemaludin Rezakovic, MD, PhD. Acad
- University Medical Center Ljubljana, Internal Clinic, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Program Director: Prof. N. Matko, MD, PhD.
- University Medical Center, Internal Clinic, Zagreb, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Program Director: Prof. Nijaz Hadjic, MD, PhD.
- University Medical Center, Internal Clinic, Geneve (L’Hopital Cantonal Geneve) Swizerland, Program Director: Prof. M.Muller.
- 1982-1985.Work on Bachelor’s degree: “Sociomedical aspects of alcoholic liver cirrhosis”
- 1986-1989.Work on Doctoral Thesis: “Sociomedical and clinical aspects of liver damages by
the plasticindustry workers”
- 1986. First researcher in the Project :”Liver damages by the workers in a plastic industry”
sponsored by Croatian Ministry of Science and Technology.
ACADEMIC PROMOTIONS, LAST ELECTION
- 1998.Assistant Professor
- 2003.Associate Professor
- 2008.Full Professor
- 2013.Full Professor tenure
- 1981.Specialist of Internal Medicine: Cetrified by the Board of Ministry of Public Health,
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 1984.Subspecialist of Gastroenterology and hepatology, Certified by the Board of
Ministry of Public Health, Croatia
- 1984.Specialist for ultrasound investigation, Interuniversity Centar Dubrovnik, Croatia
- 1985.Win Master’s Degree (Thesis:”Sociomedical aspects of alcoholic liver cirrhosis”),
Sarajevo, Faculty of Medicine.
- 1999.Win Doctoral’s Degree (Thesis: “Sociomedical and clinical aspects of liver damages by
the plastic industry workers”) Sarajevo, Faculty of Medicine.<
- 1977-1981.Postgraduate Study of Social medicine, Health informatic and Health protection
organisation, Institute of Social medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Sarajevo.
- 1983-1985.Postgraduate Study of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Centre,
Faculty of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia.
- 1985.Postgraduate Study of Endoscopy, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine
- II International Congress of gastroenterology Roma , 1988
- United European Gastroenterology Week 1998,in conjunction with World Congress of
- September 6-11, 1998, Vienna, Austria
- United European Gastroenterology Week 1999, November 13-17, 1999,Rome, Italy
- United European Gastroenterology Week 2000, November 25-30, 2000,Brussels, Belgium
- I Kongres gastroenterologa BiH Sarajevo, 2002
- The World Congress of Gastroenterology (WCOG) Bangkok, Thailand, 24 February – 1 March 2002.
- DDW 2004: Digestive Disease Week New Orleans, Lousianna, 16.05. – 19.05. 2004
- United European Gastroenterology Week 2004,September 25-29, 2004,Prague, Czech Republic
- II Kongres gastroenterologa BiH Tuzla 2004.
- Digestive Disease Week 2005,May 14 – 19, 2005; Chicago, Illinois
- United European Gastroenterology Week 2005.October 15-19, 2005.Copenhagen, Denmark
- Digestive Disease Week 2006, May 20 – 25, 2006; Los Angeles, California
- Pan-American Congress of Gastroenterology, Cancun, Mexico, November 15, 2006.
- Digestive Disease Week 2007 (DDW), May 19 – 24, 2007; Washington, DC
- Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2008;May 17 – 22, 2008; San Diego, California 2010. 6th
Congress of ECCO, Dublin,
- United European Gastroenterology Week 2008,October 18-22, 2008, Vienna, Austria
- III Kongres gastroenterologa BiH Banja Luka 2009
- United European Gastroenterology Week 2010,October 23-27, 2011,Barcelona, Spain
- IV Kongres gastroenterologa BiH Sarajevo, 2011
- VI Kongres hrvatskog gastroenterološkog društva, Zagreb 2012.
- 1975-1976.Health Care Center Livno, Primary Health Care, Livno, BiH.
- 1976-1977.Health Care Center Kupres, Director Primary Healh Care.
- 1983-2001.Cheef of Department for endoscopic and ultrasound investigations, Internal Clinic Split,
- Clinical Hospital Split, Croatia
- 2001-2009.Chief of Gastroenterology departement KBC Split
- 2009.- july 2016.Head of Department of Clinical Gastroenterology and hepatology KBC Split
- 2016 JulySemi retired
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- 1976.Member of Medical Association, Bosia and Herzegovina
- 1983.Member of Medical Association, Croatia
- 1983.Member of Ultrasound Section of Croatian Medical Association
- 1985.Member of Section for Gastroenterology and Hepatology of Croatian Medical Association
- 1988.Member of New York Academy of Sciences
- 1990.Member of European Society for Endoscopy and Ultrasound
- 2009.Member of Governing board of Croatian Society of Gastroenterology (CSG)
- 2009.Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Bosnia and Herzegovina
PROFESSIONAL AND REASEARCH INTERESTS
- Ultrasound and endoscopic investigations
- Inflamatory bovel disease
- Liver damages caused by vinilchloridmonomer and other chemical substances
- Liver damages caused by alchocol
- Hb pylori
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- 1998.Appreciation of the Croatian Medical Association
- 2005.Diploma of the Croatian Medical Association
- 2015.Charter of the Croatian Medical Association
- 2016.Split City Award for Lifetime Achievement